Headquarters of the Hungarian National Bank
Headquarters of the Hungarian National Bank: Neo-baroque building with beautiful sculptures
The headquarters of the Hungarian National Bank is located in Szabadság Square.
The building of the MNB Headquarters was originally built between 1902 and 1905 as the headquarters of the Budapest branches of the Austro-Hungarian Bank, based on the plans of Ignác Alpár, in an eclectic neo-baroque style.
It has been the headquarters of the Hungarian National Bank since 1924.
The most beautiful ornaments of the building are the stained glass windows made by Miksa Róth and the reliefs on the facade. The releases show scenes related to money production and banking activities. The sculptures were made by Károly Senyei.
1054 Budapest, Szabadság tér 8-9
Metro: line 2 - Station: Kossuth Lajos tér
Metro: line 3 - Station: Arany János utca