Paris Department Store
Paris Department Store: the first modern department store in Budapest
The Paris Department Store is located on Andrássy Avenue, near the Opera.
The building was built in 1885. It was originally used as a casino. The building was rebuilt between 1909 and 1911. It was then transformed into a store and given its current name.
The facade of the building on Andrássy út is Art Nouveau style. The most ornate part of the Paris Department Store is the Lotz Hall. The frescoes were made by Károly Lotz and Árpád Feszty. The glass windows and staircase are also worth a look.
There is a café in the Lotz Hall, and the rest of the building houses exhibitions.
1061 Budapest, Andrássy út 39
Metro: line 1– Station: Opera